While having basic medical needs is essential for seniors to stay healthy and strong, keeping them cooped up indoors can put them in more danger than you think.
We all know that exercise is great for our bodies, but what many don’t realize is that it’s the same for seniors. It’s extremely important for them to perform physical activities, especially light ones.
If you’re looking for the best workout for your loved one, Southern Made Home Care LLC suggests walking a few minutes every day. But walking seems too easy, how can that help your senior?
Our Home Care Agency in Virginia is here to talk about the benefits of walking. Take a look:
- Walking helps improve blood circulation, lowers blood pressure, and wards of most signs of cardiovascular diseases.
- Walking is a natural and easy way to give your senior’s immune system a boost.
- Walking also helps strengthen bones, muscles, and joints.
- Walking helps keep off excess weight and curb one’s sweet tooth.
- Walking helps keep your loved one mentally sharp with age – meaning, it slows cognitive decline and dementia.
If your senior has trouble with balance, don’t worry! Caregivers at our Home Health Agency in Woodbridge, VA can accompany them in their walks. Having a professional caregiver around will surely reduce their risk for falls and ensure an immediate response in case of medical emergencies.